Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Nothing Really New

For those of you who are unaware (but interested in counting) this is my fourth trip across the Pacific and my third trip to Japan (one of those ventures was to China). I guess it's really no surprise then that I'm not as blown away by all the Japanese weirdness around me. Like political candidates standing outside of train stations with mega-sized megaphones screaming their thanks to everyone who deafly "listens" to their platform. Or really all the myriad things that most people notice on their first outing here: public baths, plastic food, endless vending machines, bowing, neon lights, karaoke, geishas, etc... That's just naming a few. I haven't even been to Tokyo yet so I can't quite remember what that's like but if memory serves me correctly it's fucking insane. Sort of like Dark City but filled with crazy Japanese people.

Anyways, most of my time here so far has been spent kicking it with my brother. I can't complain really, we spend most days going to the beach and doing Tai Chi, eating, and watching movies. It's been great, but not really a traditional "Japanese experience" if you know what I mean. Tai Chi on the beach sure is fun though. I could think of worse things I could be doing... Like waking up at 5:30am to go to work 6 days a week. Yeah there's that. That would be a lot worse.

~=&=~

No comments:

Post a Comment